The graduation of our first edition of the Flying University for Ukrainian Students (FUUS) was held on July 8, 2022. We would like to express words of appreciation towards all 104 people involved in this project: lecturers, students, and organizers. The project "Flying University Courses for Ukrainian Students (FUUS)" is carried out under the
FREEDOM STARTS WITH YOUR MIND
program. We offered courses to undergraduate and graduate students from Ukraine in the field of humanities and social science.
Our sincere congratulation and best wishes to all students who took part in the courses.
We are happy to share the recording from
During the video you can watch students' representatives talk about how the course. The professors proudly and happily listed the names of their students who have completed the course and will soon receive electronic certificates. There were many touching moments.
The President of The Kosciuszko Foundation, Marek Skulimowski, thanked 12 professors, distinguished lecturers from the best American universities, for their pro bono, hard work and dedication to the project:
- Winnifred Fallers Sullivan (Religious Studies and Law, Indiana University)
- The Trial of Joan of Arc course
- Howard Spodek, (History, Temple University)
- Issues in World History course
- Barry Sullivan (Constitutional Law and History, Loyola University Chicago School of Law)
- Government Information and Democratic Government course
- Nancy Glazener (English and Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies, University of Pittsburgh) - Gender and Sexuality Studies Today course
- Jennifer Klein (History, Yale University)
- Labor History, Class Politics, and Democracy in the 20th Century U.S. course - James Berger (English, Yale University)
- Poetry for Life in the World course
- Michael Rubenstein (English, Stony Brook University)
- James Joyce's Ulysses course
- Tomoko Masuzawa (Comparative Literature and History, University of Michigan)
- Making of "the West" course: Study in Three Acts
- Aviel Roshwald (History, Georgetown University)
- Nationalism in Modern History course
- Deidre Lynch (English, Harvard University)
- Frankenstein and the Rights of Monsters course
- Luis Rose (Modern European History, Otterbein University)
- course History, Justice, and Democracy in Aeschylus 'Oresteia
- Andrea Bohlman (Music, UNC Chapel Hill)
- Sound, Music, and Political Change course.
and the organizing committee: Grażyna Czetwertyńska, Izabela Kalinowska
-Blackwood, Andrzej W. Tymowski and the international FUUS team: Alexandra Novitskaya, Aleksandra Kujawska, Emilia Gromadowska. The ceremony took place in a family atmosphere.
Donate to HELP UKRAINE FUND
and support our future projects helping Ukrainian scholars.
The project "Flying University Courses for Ukrainian Students (FUUS)" is carried out under, the FREEDOM STARTS WITH YOUR MIND program. We offered courses to undergraduate and graduate students in the field of humanities and social sciences.
We provided activating methods of working in small groups. The application was only possible via an electronic form. As many as 318 students applied! Most applications came from students from the following universities:
1. Vasyl Stus Donetsk National University 39 2. Karazin Kharkiv National University 38 3. Nizhyn Gogol State University 36 4. Mariupol State University 27 In total, applications were received from 38 different universities (polytechnic, medical, humanities and arts). Our sincere congratulation and best wishes to all students who took part in the courses. The inauguration of a first edition of the Flying University for Ukrainian Students (FUUS) was held on July 8, 2022. We are happy to share the video from this event. We would like to express words of appreciation towards all 104 people involved in this project: lecturers, students, and organizers.